Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Da MTC is great

Hello my wonderful family!

Yes this is me, I'm alive and well, so this is my email address too. I miss you guys and love you all so much. Too much to say and I have this red time box counting down. Today is my p-day and I will be writing letters, going to the temple and tonight we are having a fireside and I think one of the Apostles will be speaking to us. It is mission President's conference now so the MTC is crazy (as our my thoughts writing this email) I wrote down things I wanted to say but left it in my room.

I met Elder Texeira's son--he teaches Japanese, I see him a lot so that is cool. Also Mac you will be interested to know that I met your new Mission President. Kind of awkward story but I recognized them from their picture they were walking to to their seats at the fireside and I was like, "hey Sao Paulo South, my brother is there tell Elder Alsbury I love him" I think your President was confused but his wife was nice.

So yeah the MTC is intense, I'll just say that. I don't feel like I have had a second to breath at all. We have things going on all the time. We are in class from 7 am until 9:30 at night but really I love it. Probably the worst part of my day is going to bed because my mind can't stop thinking about Korean words and how to say stuff. So what Korean do I know? We learned to pray on thursday and I can now say things like. I love the Gospel, the prophet, well I can bear a simple testimony, which is cool because we will be doing that in Korean on Saturday at the TRC when we will be teaching Lesson 1 in english. Korean makes me laugh we get to make cool mouth noises and the sentence order is Subject object, verb, meaning I say "I eat love" or I love to eat. Verbs are last thats crazy.

I'm doing well with the language, its hard though. I haven't cried yet but sometimes I think about my family and I just really miss you guys. (we can't say guys in the MTC) The Korean branch has 63 missionaries now and there are 5 districts, our district is the biggest we have 14. 12 elders and Sister Toronto and I. Half the Elders are going to Seoul So Mission (Seoul West) and the other half to Taejon. I think a lot of them are struggling with the MTC and some are struggling with containing their obnoxiousness. But really I do love those Elders and they love me.

Being here has made me really grateful that I had a great family, went to BYU and took religion classes and studied the scriptures on my own. I'm really trying to be more patient and not comparing myself to others. Oh and that is so hard for Paige--Paigey like to be competitive.
My favorite korean word hmmm....that would be the word for page its Paigey! happy. Makes me think of my familia calling me Paigey.
Hey I am sending 2 Mongolian elders to find diamond Ocean in Mongolia. Also there is a really sweet sister here from Miles City, Sister Sleight she's going to Italy and went to U of M she is super MT obsessed.

Oh hey before I forget the best way to talk to me is dearelder.com, you can type an email thing and I will get it the same day. I'm okay but its annoying to see the elders get 4 letters a day.

There really is so much to say and no time. I'm writing letters to day with more stuff. I went to a fireside at the Reeder's chapel, and I see their house when I am running around the field. Yay gym it is my favorite! Haha I know I'm obsessed.

In case you were wondering finnish is the hardest language taught here and Korean is #2 (the other Asians romanize their stuff and can't read). We kind of compete with the Japanese they are on our same floor and have the same schedule. Its really funny in the cafeteria you sit with the koreans its kind of like the cool table in elementary school cafeteria. Saturday nights we sing called to serve with the Japanese and we sing one verse in english then the other in Korean and Japanese. It turns out to be this big loud almost shouting Asian party. Okay well so sorry for randomness but I know that this is the place I am supposed to be. xoxo forever

Sister Alsbury
or romanized Alsbury cha-mey

No comments: