Oh Fort Benton Summer celebration such memories....I guess for the 4th we get to go outside and see the fireworks yay for the real world. I really do feel like I'm in a surreal place. We are learning a lot. Saturday we taught the Restoration in english, but we had to do part of it in Korean. I can introduce myself talk about my family, tell them I have a message that has changed my life and bear my testimony among other things. We taught it to a girl who is 16 and just moved from Korea 10 months ago, she didn't really understand the english part but oh well. The koreans at the MTC are all so sweet and nice. Sometimes I wonder why the asians aren't going to asia and the redheads are. (I think there are 3 redhead elders) Favorite new korean word ka-ka-ho-ho-hada meaning to knock on doors. Yeah its awesome.
Last tuesday Elder Hales gave an amazing fireside on the Atonement so powerful. He mostly used New Testament and BOM scriptures it was amazing! All of the 12 and 1st presidency were here but we only saw a couple at the fireside, they had the MTC on tight quarters so the little missionaries couldn't interrupt the General Authorities. So the church news this week is about the MTC and I know about half of those people. cool. So random but I have no time.
Sunday our district, Sis. Toronto, our 12 elders and I sang Love one Another in Korean as the special musical number. We praticed a ton and sounded good. I am actually singing in the MTC choir this week--weird. At our district meeting on Sunday Sis. Toronto and I gave the lesson on humility and it went so great, I talked about the LSAT and being humbled and all of the elders cried, it was the spirit.
So Mom and Dad remember when we were in the SLC temple and we met that kid that was going to Concepcion. Elder Barker. So the other day I go up to these elders and ask if I can bear my testimony in korean and turns out it was Him! Small world. I love South America and I like to talk to the Elders in Spanish. It gives me confidence that Korean will come someday. Also I sat next to a Sister Searle one day, she's from Idaho. Maybe we are related? Sister Toronto and I are growing together, she has told me more about her so that I can better understand where she is coming from. I am glad that I am me and that I came from such special parents who love me and taught me everything I know, and to love people. I feel the spirit everyhour of everyday, this isn't about me its about the people I will be serving, I just want to be the best instrument I can. 2 months from today I am going to Korea. I can't wait. I love the Lord so much. I like the MTC for now. Cabin fever will come in a month.
Hey Dad could you write out your plan of salvation talk? And maybe sometime your conversion story?
Hey if you wanted to send me something here's some suggestions
beef jerky
airborne
nestle flipz--chocolate
runny shoes
any gym shirt
dried fruit....eh okay whatever a note anything would be really nice--dear elder is free.
love you all!
Sister Paige Alsbury
or Alsbury cha-mey
Mac--me sorry about your camera. I hope you can get a new one. If you make CDS of your pics you can send them to mom if your other one gets stolen
No comments:
Post a Comment