Yeah I'm still here alive and well at the MTC, I can't believe I've been here for a month, I have seen people come and go. But I am so glad I get to be here for a long time because I have so much to study and many opportunities to practice teaching. Jill, & Dad I got your letters muchas kamsamnida, really it it is the highlight of the day to get mail. Those dearelder things are a gem. We try and email every tues at 7 am but usually come earlier. Yes thank you dad for helping me to be somewhat of a morning person.
I'm jealous of the lake Briggsy. Tell me about running and things that are going on. Are you working? Whats the deal avec toi? There's a missionary in my district Elder Shrack that speaks french and spanish so we have fun. Korean is really hard. Last night I was trying to congugate all these verbs into past tense in my head and saying them outloud to a teacher, and it was so hard, frustrating. But I'm keeping my perspective, I know where I'm going is the right place, and the Lord qualifies whom he calls and I'm gonnna have to taste the bitter before the sweet. The older Korean district leaves on Monday which is crazy because our friends are going to Korea and then it will be us in no time.
I've eaten lunch with Juliet and seen so many of my friends that work here and its so weird to hear them talk about non-missionary things. Refreshing but you kind of forget what the real world is like.
Speaking of the real world guess who went to the real world on last friday me! It was totally baby's day out--member that movie? Anyway, Sister Toronto has had major teeth problems in the past 30+ cavities at a time and the MTC thought she might need another root canal. So we went to the dentist in Provo! yaya!!! Our van driver was from Conrad, MT and his grandparents live on Skidoo bay on flathead lake, I
didn't remember their names. Anyway we get dropped off at the dentist and I have to awkwardly sit in the dentist room. She didn't need a root canal, but apparently she grinds her teeth. So we have to go to Albertsons and Shopko! It was amazing. They told us we could buy stuff so I bought my favorite chocolate covered pretzels. It ended up being a 3 hour trip but it was so refreshing. It was nice in Shopko I talked to so many people gave me a taste of what it will be like in ehhh 48 days or so.
Elder Mac, I actually sent you a package last week, I hope you enjoy its not much but yeah. I thought about you a lot on last friday. Congrats. Theres a bunch of elders here from Brazil, reminds me of you. Also the cafeteria reminds me of you. L&T wraps, chocolate milk. Okay sister Alsbury is going to cut back on the cookies, but I run 6 miles a day its amazing.
Sometimes I feel short changed by our teachers, like they try and think of ways to get out of teaching us and thats frustrating up the wazzo. Things are picking up because now I'm like, okay I want to learn this, I can figure it out for myself. On friday we have zone conference and we all have to prepare talks in Korean. Ahh! Its alright though just has to be 5 min, and I read like a toddler.
They talk so much here about being obedient and having the spirit. Its amazing if you put it into practice. I am seeing huge strides in my life. Actually I'm going save 3 minutes and come back tonight and print out Mac's email. Sar-ang-ham-nida--and that means I love you. I'll write some korean in my letters too.
Sister Alsbury
No comments:
Post a Comment