Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hopefully the computer won't eat this email too

Okay so a big kamsamnid to Sister Burgess she had 10 minutes left on her email that she gave to me. She is amazing, probably my best friend here at the MTC, she's from Vancouver, B.C. and is going to Taejeon Korea.

Okay so experience of the week. Saturdays we go to the teaching appointment (TRC) and we teach one of the lessons in Korean and do a Korean language tasks. These tasks include, food stuff, shopping, helping someone move (okay they are pretty funny and lame) Like a couple weeks ago I told our middle aged Korean volunteer to "cut the price!" Kaka juseyo--I think thats how you'd write it in english. Anyway this week our task was sharing an experience. I talked about how I went to Chile and I was really far from my family and my grandma died and how hard it was. But that I know through the Atonement of Jesus Christ I can see her again and that families can be eternal. I said that I know she is in the Spirit World with both of my Grandpas, and that I was really grateful for the Plan of Salvation.

Okay so back to my main point. We knock on the door which our "investigator" is in and who opens the door?? Evan Price!! It was insane I couldn't believe it. So cool. I taught Evan the Plan of Salvation in Korean for over an hour. My companion had a rough time with the language so it was me talking to Evan. Oh my gosh it was amazing. I really felt the spirit strong when we taught, it was great. I taught him tithing and he said he would pay it. He speaks really good Korean. Even Elder Oh who is a Korean American (who taught Evan after us) said he spoke really well.

thanks so much for the mail and the dearelders, especially the packages from MOm and Joanne. They were perfect. Tell Joanne I say thanks 1000 times over and that everything was perfect. I'm going to pick out a sweet card to send. Briggsy I love you thanks for the letters. I miss you all. Run fast okay. Send me mail? love you all so much. Elder Alsbury you are my hero. no more time.

Sister Paige Alsbury

No comments: