Last wednesday I think I receive manna from heaven in the form of 2 packages. Oh man thank you Jill. Well I'm assuming it was from Jill because it was from Moab and inside was only things Jill would know to buy. Seriously that was amazing thank you so so so much. Also thanks for the dearelder.com notes those are the best ways to contact me and its free. I also got an amazing package from Elizabeth Lewis which was fantastic.
Okay highlights of the week. The other day I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and there were 2 asian sisters, I think to myself not Korean, Japanese, Chinese they are Mongolian! Anyway I start talking to them and sure enough they are. So I go to my room grab that picture of Elder Diamond Ocean and guess what one of them knows him! Her sister is friends with him. Her english is like my Korean but she said that he was actually living in Seoul for a while but is in Mongolia now. And his name really is diamond ocean they showed me in their dictionary that it is "Sea" and "Gem or Treasure" They are going to be here for a long time so more stuff to follow on them. They are amazing! One is going to Mesa, AZ and the other Hawaii.
Sunday was my last fast Sunday in the United States. We had a testimony meeting and who was the first one up? Me. (I'm trying to be like Briggsy) Anyway it was a wonderful meeting and I really love sharing my testimony of those things that I know to be true and what brings me happiness. Okay sorry for the tangenting..
On Saturday was our TRC appointment. We taught The Restoration again in Korean it was awesome. I really love to teach. We taught a man named Brother Lee who is probably 40 something ish and is from the Seoul West mission. I think he has been in the U.S. for some time and his english is great. He is a member of the church and had all the scriptures we asked him to read memorized. and he some like a million miles an hour in Korean. I can't wait for Saturday when we get to teach the Plan of Salvation in Korean.
Hey Briggsy how are you doing? You should write me on dearelder.com when you have time cause I'll get it the same day. Sound good? Okay its a deal.
Hey so I have 2 Brazilian friends. Sister Matos from the South of Brazil who is going to temple square, she's hilarious. I really like talking to all of the international missionaries. The other is Elder Horschette, yes that is his name. He said he lives right next to Rudge Ramos. Cool huh? I just love connections to brazil and my Mac. Okay I have to cut this off now because my companion wants to eat but I'll try and get back on later. There's a couple things that I need for Korea but I don't have the list. I love you all. My family is the most important thing to me. I love serving others and this wonderful opportunity in front of me. xoxoxox
Sister Alsbury
No comments:
Post a Comment