Hello all again. So good to year from everyone thanks for all the love and encouragement. Briggsy congrats on your PR, I'm sorry I missed Crosstown, When is state is it next week? I will fast for you okay?
So is transfer day, neither of us was transferred so I think we will have a great next six weeks together. I'm excited. Our 18year old investigator 권 다 헤 is a headached but hopefully will be baptized Sunday. Also 김 공 애 is going to be baptized on the 1st, shortly thereafter she is moving to Australia to learn english for a year. They have Korean wards in Sydney so we have been trying to get in contact with them. Speaking of Australia--I feel terrible for those missionaries who were stabbed, I know the Lord protects His missionaries and that things happen for a reason, but scary. Korea is safe for this many people, they can't have guns and robbery is rare. Sometimes weird people say or do things but I can take all of them--maybe I should start Taekwondo. Wait that made me think of a funny thing that happened yesterday. So we had just finished our district meeting and we are walking down the street and all of the sudden crazy loud sirens go off and people with yellow beauty pagent ribbon (tehe) jump into the street and stop all traffic and pedestrians. I'm like what the deal....So it was a war drill. Yes sometimes I forget about our neighbors to the North. Everyone was so serious it kind of freaked me out. So if there is a war I guess that we all just stand on the street corner as opposed to the duck and cover option. It lasted for 15 minutes, probably the biggest waste of time ever, at least we weren't on a bus.
Oh Jill muchas gracias for the letters. Sister 방 , loved it. She had to look up a couple words but she understood. It was awesome we got mail before conference so she was so excited to get it really I thank you. For her language study time she is working on a letter for you, she's so sweet. If anyone has the inclination she's also really interested in CTR rings--english ones. They don't exist in Korea, that would be a sweet christmas present. English but not the green finger turning ones. No pressure though. Actually something good came out of my camera dying in the MTC (PS send Mac a camera asap--they are super important) (PSS thanks for the new camera, also thanks to Eric or whoever else helped with that) So I had an extra memory card from that camera 2gb and Sister 방 has an olympus so it uses that card and my new one uses the SD card. Yesterday her card ran out of space and it is really small memory and its the same one from her sister's mission. So I'm glad I saved that extra memory card, I gave it to her--she deserves it for training me, basically it just feels good to serve others is what I'm saying. Today we are just doing email for p-day so we can help our recent convert move, I know that God blesses us when we are obedient and serve others, even if it means now p-day.
Korean culture moment. Some people have these fancy toilet seats with these buttons on the side, I never understood because they are regular flushing. However, I now know. Toilet seat warmers!!! Yes, I was a little surprised, very unecessary but fun. Ahhh koreans.
Today I unzipped that bag of clothes that I vacuumed with all of my winter clothes it it. (no worries its still warm here) Anyone I pulled out a shirt and it had cat hair on it. Probably the first time I haven't been disgusted by cat hair in my life. Hope the kitties are good. I have seen maybe 2 cats, couple dogs, but they are always tiny dogs, and every time I see a dog I think of people eating dog. Oh on the subject of food. Our investigator fed me this week. More like shoved food in my mouth. Koreans are little but can pack it and I think she thought--wait not a clue what she thought but she was frantically wrapping rice and kimchi in seaweed and shoving it in my face. I wanted to say "calm down everybody" but they wouldn't understand. Actually we went to Papa Johns yesterday to celebrate my pass-of, way to expensive but tasted just like the US.
Still on the topic of food. Korean Buffets--oh boy. So we were in this weird area by the 아 산 church and my comp says lets go here to this buffet it was only 4 bucks, just regular korean food. I wasn't really hungry but then I see this sign---something about 2,000 원 and leftover food. So I ask my companion what it was. Ya you have to pay $2 more if you don't eat all of the food on your plate. They hate leftovers here. I look at my plate, I'm full, its full. I only had 2,000 원 great so I did it I ate it all and kept my money but felt sick afterwards.
But the real higlight of the week was General Conference. The elders and I watched it in english (on DVDs) in a room. I made brownies and the Elders just about died they were absolutely obsessed, I only at one. Brownies & cookies don't exist here. But the food wasn't the best thing. I love conference so much. It went by too fast. Mac I too loved Elder Wirthlin's talk, I liked the Brazilians' talks too--reminded me of Mac. I can't wait to get the Liahona and read them, it was just a boost that I needed. The Korean general authority Elder Choi is in our stake so he was there too, he never talks to me in english so I always fumble, but the koreans are really proud of him because he knows the prophet and apostles.
The Elders had a baptism after conference on Sunday so we were waiting and I was showing the elders my family pictures (btw I need one with all 6 of us in it) Anyway Elder Hymas says "oh you are Mac Alsbury's sister" Jordan Hymas from your freshman ward, I talk to him all the time, small world huh. He said you and Jared were awesome and asked how you were. So he lived above you and below you lived Elder Forrest--he was friends with the kid on your floor that played BYU volleyball, he was only there for fall semester but he is certain he has seen you before. BYU and mission world small world. I can't believe they are your age. I'm glad I can't be a zone leader. Be a good boy. I'm being a good girl. I know that every mission is hard in different ways. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and that I am supposed to be in Korea. I thought about where I was exactly a year ago--I remember a really trying time that helped me to be where I am right now. So I'm grateful for that trial. no time.
사 랑 해 요 !!!
Sister Paige Alsbury
No comments:
Post a Comment