Wednesday, October 22, 2008

most painful experience of my life--but not really it was fun

So its raining here in Korea. Dirty rain. We are in Songpa which is about 1hr 45 minutes from our house we went to the Mission home this morning and I did pass-off which was good. Sister 방 is rewarding my speedy progress by taking me to an International Restaurant. Oohhh International huh? Yes Outback Steakhouse--you may have heard of it. I really have learned a ton of korean. I know that Heavenly Father is helping me. I know that I am doing his work which I have been called by God's Prophet to do. Best decision I've ever made.

I Probably know more Korean than spanish now. Mac I too am grateful for 6th grade Japanese, some Koreans study Japanese and they go crazy and think I know tons of Japanese, when I just say stuff from that video haha. Korea is really beautiful though on the bus this morning there are parts that aren't city and tons of mountains, very gree the leaves are changing colors its awesome. Even in the middle of the city there are mountains and the middle-aged folk deck out in their hi-tech apparel to go and walk about these little mountains for an hour or so.

I forgot about the election what is going on with that? Its nice to be so busy with other things that I don't have time to think of stuff like that.

Next Sunday we are singing in GeumJeong 1 ward( 금 정) (PS if you learned the Korean alphabet that would make me happy because romanizing is awkward sometimes) We are singing come ye children of the Lord with the Elders and this guy who just got home from New York South Mission. Should be interesting.
Oh if you ever want to stalk me via google earth you can. So doing my best to romanize...We cover the Anyang Stake. We cover Sanbon(our house) Ansan, Anyang, GeumJeong, and Guro. I don't know why I thought about that.

Best thing of the week. 김 혠 주 has a baptisimal date!!! She is wonderful we love her so much. She has changed so much since I have been here. Her husband is from Iran and he has been meeting with the elders for 1.5 years but can't be baptized until he gets his korea citizenship. They communicate via english if you were wondering. He speaks 8 languages fluently. Anyway it is the best feeling to teach her the Gospel of Jesus Christ we are so excited for her. Actually its a miracle but I'll let you read my journal when I go home.
김 공 애 is getting baptized on the 1st we are so excited. She is truely converted. She met with the missionaries in high school and her brother got baptized went on a mission---I've probably talk about these 2 before sorry. Anyway. She saw the change in her brother, he's been a member for 12ish years and the influence he has had on her. She's amazing. Actually she's going on an adventure to Australia for a year. Can't speak english at all. She's 30. We have arranged with her to stay with some members in Sydney. She really wants to go to the BYU ELC. Hey I used to go to church there, and its famous here. Everybody wants to go there.
Sunday is Kwandaheh's baptism, (I type too slow in korean and am running out of time)
Random things:

Korea reminds me of Chile a lot. Weird but sometimes I feel like I am in Concepcion.
Sister 방 is an angel from God. I love her so so so much. What I blessing it is to have her as a companion. Her english is getting so good its amazing.
I made brownies yesterday. Yes we have an oven which is extremely rare in korea. I made them for an Elder's Birthday after our meeting but really just for Sister 방 except the Elders ate all of them like a pack of wild wolves before we got to them. Sad. Yes if anyone reads these words and feels inclined to send American Junk food we would both love you for eternity.
Yes my Korean companion doesn't like a lot of really common Korean food that I hate too, so its great to stomach some things together. There's an "American food" place I've introduced her to fajitas.
She knows tons about Montana.
I explained my middle name to her yesterday. She loves the name McDede too.
Yes I still have red hair.

Oh I almost forgot Korean culture time. So everymorning we run on this track and all the old people do Korean aerobics, which is....different. Trust me I will video it before I come home. Anyway. So Koreans love health. They are asian so yeah eastern techniques and things that Sister Alsbury calls "a little bit weird" i.e. squeezing my ears to death. Man I tangent too much. Point of this is that Koreans do this thing and when asked what the english name for it was, I responded, "I would would call it walking on rocks" So there is a course you walk on bare feet different patches of rocks from big smooth ones, log, chunks of granite, to the extremely pokey one. LIke the 2 inch gravel rocks cemented into the ground and you have to walk on them for like 10 feet. I've seen Koreans jumping up and down on them. AHHHHH!!! But we did it! I wanted to die all in the name of health, right? Don't worry will document it sometime. I think its probably more p.c. to call it pressure point therapy rather than killing yourself by walking on rocks. Well I am out of time. Once again scrambled. Love you all I really do. I love being a missionary. The church is true.

보 보 들!!

Sister Paige McDede Alsbury

No comments: