Its a shame that all of the good holidays are non-existant in Korea. Maybe we will indulge and buy some overpriced american candy. Maybe. Actually we are completely broke--not even joking, but don't worry about me I always eat.
My brain is fried I don't know what to write. Its getting cold here, wind. AHHH I hate the wind. The leaves are changing colors so that is pretty. Last Sunday 권 다 혜 received baptism! It was wonderful she's very sweet and I know that this ordinance is essential for all. Actually over a year ago she went to the Elders english class in Ansan and there was an Elder there named Elder Fisher who taught her class. He got transferred she stopped coming, then a couple months ago she started coming to church with her friend. We taught her, she repentented, changed things in her life and then desired to be baptized. When we were seeking someone to baptize her we thought of one of the Elders. Anyway long story short Elder Fisher the same guy who taught this girl english over a year ago got transferred back to Ansan and he baptized her--a good story (if that makes sense--I can't spell or write or think well anymore) I believe its called full circle. Very cool. Also 김 공 애 's baptism is Saturday, no time to explain how wonderful this is. Probably 13 years ago missionaries taught her initially, it just shows the power of the Spirit and how different everyone's needs are.
The other Montana missionary Elder Light is now in our zone, he went to Skyview, he really loves montana too, Forsyth is in his stake. You might know his dad.
Oh yeah funny thing. I totally ate it--fell in a subway station the other day. We were running, because we were late to an appt---happens everyday, I had just scanned my card and right infront of my was this nasty cheese esq yellow something that they sell on the street--not a clue what it really is those, right in front of me it was the classic banana peel effect. The nice thing about being a foreigner in a place where everyone looks the same is that I never get embarassed because everything I do people stare at me, so I carry on being a fool and don't care. I think that is a blessing because its easy for me to talk to people on the street because well yeah I can't explain but its good to be a 외 국 인 in Korea.
Ahh another random thing. A member gave us free dinner coupons to this place called the Viking Buffet (but say it funny like a korean) its actually like $18 USD. Yikes we took a young woman who has a really bad home life and one of her friends there last night. Maybe a little bit like L&D but bigger. No pineapple shrimp but they had fondu. Actually the students that we took with us are so fascinated by me that they only got food that I ate. hahahaaaaaaa Anyway maybe it was a have to be there type of thing. Actually the city we were in 안 산 Ansan kind of reminds me of Las Vegas, the LIGHTS!!! Igo the lights are insane, they they have cheesy hotels and things like "Viking Buffet" Anyway. Just read my journal later.
Sister 방 made me Vietnamese food last friday. Wow never thought Vietnam even had food, but its delicious. Rice paper and vegetables, pineapple and spam wrapped up and dipped in red chili pepper sauce. Wait did I just type that??? SPAM!!! yes I have eaten spam its disgusting to think about it and not tasty but whatevs Koreans like it. I like what they like.
Also if you are bored google; Big Bang K-Pop biggest thing in Korea. They made a music video in an area by a church met the elders and gave them an autograph which the elders gave to Sister Bang, she showed it to this 14 year old girl and I have never in my life she someone freak out so much. Maybe like the beatles or something. She just kept say "how how how" in korean over and over.
I am going to end this now and write a note to my baby brother Briggsy. Which I am so proud of, I know how you feel, well sort of. Trials will make you better. When I read your email I thought of 2 Nephi 31:20-21. Everybody should read that now. Okay love you all. Has anyone checked my gmail lately? you can delete junk stuff--please do but save other things. Especially if any of my friends write me forward it to me. Okay tangenting problem needs to stop. Love you all, I love being a missionary, time goes too fast. I have found this stationary in our Apartment that says Alma 60:6---my attempt to guilt trip you all.
xoxox 사 랑 해 요 !!!!!
알 스 베 리 자매
Sister Alsbury
No comments:
Post a Comment