Man, I really am blessed. Sometimes I really don't feel deserving of his blessings. Being exactly obedient and diligent really bring blessings. I love being a missionary. Seriously every day is amazing. I ate kimchi and rice for breaksfast with a smile on my face. Today we went to the temple. We are so lucky to get to go often Anyang zone and yeong dong zone went which means I got to see sister hunt & sister toronto. Yayaa I think I am getting a little ahead of myself. Tuesday night we get home its 9 the phone rings, my companion answers sounds really happy hangs up the phone--President Burton is 10 minutes away from our house!! We ran like crazy trying to clean up our house--we really don't have time to clean. As of tuesday night we are temporarily in a threesome (if juliet and Elizabeth Lewis ever read this they will have just laughed) Anyway. Yeah seriously though, I have 2 Korean companions, I think maybe tomorrow it will change. Actually I don't know what is going on really--big problems and I don't gossip because it drives the spirit away. But we are having a good time. I am about 98% sure that Sister 방 and I will be split next transfer (on the 29th) We work so hard together and she has just become one of my greatest friends. She's coming to the lake with us someday. So thanks for sending Christmas stuff. Her parents are Buddhist. P.S. Thank you Vincents for the Package--its sitting under our tree :))
Do you know much 15 kg is? Its 33 lbs. Do you know that Mandarin oranges are in season in Korea? Well sunday a member gave us 15kg of Mandarin oranages (귤)!!! Shipped from Jejudo this island in Korea that a member got for us. I carried this box for a mile on the bus and home. 33 lbs of oranges!! Can we eat them all before they go bad? I'll let you know. We are going to try. Unless our skin turns orange first.
On sunday this member forgot the korean word for priority during sunday school and looks at me thankfully I knew that 우 선 means priority. It was weird. I'm studying hard. Its still really hard. I think it will always be. I'm up for the challenge. I know challenges make us grow my companion is "hardcore training" me i.e. I have to make all of the calls at night and do things that Paige really dust doesn't want to do but it will help in the long run. Insert universal application there.
Briggs are you going to send me your Christmas concert CD? Or you can sing to me in 2 weeks when I call. Speaking of that are you going to be at home. I'm going to call you. Jill's going to be in Utah? I can't 3 way from Korea. Let me know the plan.
Sunday night we had a district activity caroling near this subway station. It was awesome, we passed out our english program flyers and got a lot of phone numbers. This week we have gotten so many 소 개 referrals from the elders. Truly a blessing. People who are prepared for the Gospel are out there. Sometimes I feel like there are just way to many people here. But its good because there is always someone new to talk to.
We had zone conference on Saturday. They talked a lot about remembering our purpose as a missionary and our Mission Scripture which is 3 Ne. 5:13. It was really great. President read part of an email from Chase Hilton from Dillon who served in our mission and how much he just really wished he was back in Korea being a missionary. I really needed that. President really is inspired and leads our mission. I never what that much stress. my comps. just called me by my new nickname. Since korean family name are only 1 syllable they just call me by the 1st syllable of Alsbury written in Korean. 알 ,which sounds more like arrrrh 자매님. They are cute. I love my family so much. Briggs continues to be the biggest hearthrob people ask if he has a girlfriend to my self I'm like "no way he's too busy going to the 'nitty store and using an entire thing of conditioner in one bathtub" among your other past hobbies. Don't be grown up though okay? Thanks for supporting me. I love you all. Hey mom do you ever hear from Edgar Benevides? You should send him my emails. His email is in my gmail.
사 랑 합 니 다
Alsbury 자 매
P.S. If you guys go to bed before 9 every day the korean elf might bring make a stop at your house. I'm just saying there's a chance ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment