Thursday, December 18, 2008

I survived this past week!

Well Christmas is one week I'm excited to talk to you guys. I'm probably going to try and call you at 10am--korea time---6pm MST USA time. So yeah I was the victim of an emergency transfer. I am in Incheon. Weird. I'll just say that there were a LOT of issues going on with Sister Newby and Jo in Incheon. I think the Lord wants me here, but inside I still want to be in my happy Anyang world with 방 애 라 with our washer/dryer and bathtub with a shower curtain. This pas week has by far been the hardest week of my mission thus far. After I talked to President last thursday I cried my eyes out all night. Mostly because Iwas just going to miss Sister 방 our investigators, the members, I will never see them again and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. My heart was broken. But I know that it was for the best and the best for the people in Incheon--인 천

Here's some adjectives that describe Incheon. Industrial. Its a shipping port. its quiet, I stepped off the subway and there wasn't a million students running around jamming out to annoying K-Pop. It was old men smoking and squatting. Its old its industrial, there is no track to run on. cats, mutant cats, CHINATOWN! gangs, beans, drunk women, oh and there aren't english words to describe the buses. i think we spent 6 hrs on the bust the other day.
But don't worry because I am determined to have a good attitude! I'm serious its the only way to go. I think just about everyone in our mission has heard through the grapvine about it and they are like "oh man thats rough" But not true. I hate whining.

Sister Newby and I are pioneers in Incheon we are opening this stake up where there haven't been sister for 10 months. Foundation is important. Thankfully the elders and members want to help us they do which is great. They have been finding us people to teach. When I meet people on the street and talk about the book of mormon they actually want to listen. We really do see miracles. For example, 조 은 희 is going to get baptized on the 28th of this month. We told President that and he said, "that wasn't supposed to happen" I'm just realizing that this is the Lord's work not mine. If we are diligent, and obedient things will happen. I'm recognizing how much I need my Savior and his Atonement every day. Oh little bio on Sister Newby, she's from Maryland, her mom is Korean, she joined the church in 1965 one of the 1st 500 members of the church here. Her dad served his mission in Korea. After his mission he came back to korea to study and met her mom. She went to University of Maryland and graduated in Painting. We are super different but I know we can work hard and that there are people that need us in Incheon. Well I am excited to talk to you all in 1 week! AHHH!! I'm sad I won't be talking to Mac but I love you. OKay me going to call you got it?? I am going to buy a phone card. If for any horrible reason I can't I am going to email my house phone on another email that you will self destruct right? That is just in case. Don't call me. Me going to call your hand phone or Vincents. 사 랑 해 요

Alsbury 자 매

No comments: