Wednesday, January 7, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Paige Alsbury
To: alsburys@netzero.net malsbury@msn.com coachalsbury@gmail.com mcelder@myldsmail.net jreeder3@hotmail.com
Cc:
Date:
Subject: 바 람 We call it wind....it hurts

Happy 새 해 weird 2009, I don't know about this. We didn't get to email yesterday because all the places we email were closed. News years 심 심 했어 요 pretty boring. Chinese new year--lunar new year is like the 2nd biggest holiday in korea thats at the end of the month. Oh about the wind oh baby it feels like Montana. The temperature is not a good measurement. Incheon is colder than Anyang duh we are on the Ocean. Still have yet to see the ocean but I know its 2km from our house so is Chinatown...

Yesterday I took a test--yes I really did. It was a Korean vocab, grammar translation and reading test I also had to teach one of the Assistants a lesson it was fun. Sister Newby and I took it at the same time--she had never taken it even though she's been here for a lot longer, peer pressure. Well it felt great to take a written test I love school and tests and things like that. The Assistants called last night and said they were blown away when they corrected it I didn't miss anything. I guess it was kind of a big deal, but ehh ya I'm humble. Korean is hard for sure and I study like a crazy person sometimes even in the 새 벽 but It really is heavenly father helping me I know it. Sister Newby passed too. Happy.

A couple weeks ago we saw a sign that said Welcome to Jung-gu (중 구) but we thought that it said "Welcome to the Jungle" Incheon is the jungle in many many ways. It also has done something to my ability if to properly digest food if you know what I mean. 설 사. Last sunday night we were eating at a Bishop's house and there was this side dish that was rotten fish. Sister Newby ate 2 pieces, I chose not to partake--next time though. Briggs there is something that you would die laughing at in the buses here all I can say is not jammers and the word "Celebration" interesting I will send pictures when I buy a new camera.

I think I already said this but all missionaries now have cell phones! It will make life so much easier. Briggs will be happy to know that I can text in Korean. Someday that will be a skill on my resume.

Things are good regarding the work we are so so busy and its good. Spending so much money on buses and taxis really tight on the funds which is frustrating sometimes when it comes to food. We eat tons of kimbap which is rice vegatables sometimes tuna rolled into kim--seaweed its delicious and like a 1 dollar lunch. We have about 14 people that we have been teaching lately. Almost all of them we do the english program where we teach them english for 30 minutes then teach the gospel lesson in Korean. It really is a gift from God that we can speak Korean. All koreans learn english all of their lives and they can't speak english. P.S. I hate teaching english especially grammar.

I can feel things are going to get really good Sister Newby is feeling sort of better she was in a huge slump after everything that happened. She's starting to get motivated with missionary work again I'm feeling pretty good about working with the members in Incheon and the people we are teaching.

It was pretty hard to say goodbye on Christmas but I'm so grateful for support from my familia and amigos. Time is going so fast it scares me. I have a lot I need to do this year. This transfer Elder Wimmer (a former Assistant) and Elder Forrest (my Zone Elder in Anyang) are doing special training with every companionship in the mission. They are spending a day with each companionship--even sister--potentially awkward, but I am excited to learn from them because they are great. They are coming tomorrow. It will be good. Well I'm going to stop with my crazy writing. Oh Thanks Sharon , Franzs Sister Johnson, and Vincents and Juliet for thinking of me 감 사 해 요

Kiss, nose, hug

Alsbury 자매

No comments: