First item. Next week P-Day will be on Wednesday. aka I will probably email you Tuesday night MST. On thursday Elder Evans the Asia North Area President is doing a mission conference. I'm excited for it. It is going to be at the Anyang stake center so I get to go back there for a day! Happy. Sister 방 will be there too! Happy I miss her I hope she's okay.
This morning I realized that I already had a high level of hatred toward Sci-Fi fantasy computer games in my previous life that has just exploded in korea. We live right next to 2 PC 방s they creep me out to the nth degree. The street we live on is plastered with those Japanese anime looking pictures Starcraft type things ick! Someday when I get home we can all have a long talk about Russians, Motels, smoking, the trash and other exciting topics of interest. On a random note we now have a sponge bob cell phone case.
The other night Sister Newby and I wake up we sing "I am a child of God" in Korean, I say our comp prayer, we do our personal prayers and then we look at the clock 12:20 am! What the, our alarms didn't go off, maybe the spirit prompted both of us to wake up at the same time, we apparently need to pray more. Maybe some commotion was going on outside in our hood. But it was nice to go back to bed for 6 hrs.
Last sunday we went to the 만 수 Mansu ward for the 1st time. We are just going to work in 3 wards. Mansu, Bupyeong, and Kajung. Anyway I had to do my intro/testimony thing. Apparently I blew them all away. They were like "we thought you had been in Korea for a year and a half" Seriously like half the ward came up and freaked out about it. We got 2 dinner appointments from it, and a member referral. But lets be honest its just Heavenly Father helping me, its not me I promise. Good news on that note. Last week we took our Korean grammar, vocab and reading test. I got a perfect score. That doesn't happen. I was shocked. I think the Assistants we pretty blown away. Sister Newby kind of struggles with the language even though she has been a missionary for a year, and learned it before and is half korean I speak better Korean than her. Kind of stressful because there are a lot of things that I just don't understand. Diligence, obedience, and prayer. Language isn't important its the Spirit.
So this transfer in our mission Elder Forrest and Elder Wimmer--who are amazing missionaries and are going home in February are going around to each companionship in our mission and training everyone one on one. Even the sisters. Sounds kind of strange but it was amazing. Each day they are spending the day with a companionship, training and working together. They came with us last Saturday which was awesome. They really helped us refocus and continue in diligence especially in contacting. All of the sisters hate street contacting but it is my favorite I love prostelying--and good thing I can spell it in Korean not english. They taught 3 lessons with us and it was just a Spiritually full day. We taught this girl with then and we taught the 3rd lesson as we gave her a tour of the church and she now has a baptismal date it was such a cool experience--the elders are going th ave to continue teaching her because she lives in a ward we aren't working in. Afterwards I sit next to this lady on the Subway and before I could even say 2 words she grabs the Book of Mormon out of my hands and was so excited to know that there was another record that testifies of the Savior. My emails stink I can't really describe how cool this day was just know that we see Miracles of the time. I pray for you guys everyday. I'm going to try and write some letters today.
사 랑 해 요
알 스 베 리 자 매
P.S. Jill thanks for the letter and Josh I had no idea you knew Korean--shocking
No comments:
Post a Comment