Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 4

Your emails were especially awesome today muchas gracias. (Sometimes when I am on the street people I speak in spanish and they all freak out because the think that everyone who looks like me should speak english--rightfully so)
Yeah so thanksgiving was awesome, the Marsdens were great, it was weird being in an "American house" it seemed huge. Elder Choi of the Seventy was their as well as a stake president and his wife, I think my favorite was the pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. My companion liked it, she loves american food. Sometimes companionships in our missions have problems because the korean missionary wants rice all the time and the American doesn't, thats a blessing among all of the many other blessings I have received as a missionary.
We did the crazy pressure point therapy thing again, where you walk on the different surfaces of rocks and it kills so bad. It was fun all in the name of health. We have this investigator who is sick and the things that she and my companion and this member were doing to "help" her were CRAZY! I won't go into details.
Last Saturday we went way up on the North part of Seoul in the Seoul Mission and all the korean missionaries had to take an english grammar test if they score really well they can go to BYU-H or something, it was nice because I got to relax for 2 hours during the test with the other Americans. I heard about Elder Wirthlin he was so sweet his conference talk seems to always pop into my head when our investigators drop us, the wind is blowing its cold and we still have 3 more hours of street contacting and there isn't anyone to talk to. Come what may and love it--I will try. So much about missionary work is attitude. Hey guess what? We have a Christmas tree! Its like 3 ft tall and even has lights. We found it in our house. We sleep on our mats in our living room and its quite soothing to sleep by a christmas tree. Its my companion's first christmas tree she likes it but not as much as I do. Last week was her hump day (9months) So we burned a stocking in her honor.
I'm glad Briggs is singing a lot I wish I had worked on that more. People always ask us to sing in church and I'm pretty much not very good, oh well.
Way to random sorry
Korean culture time. K-Pop. Ringback tones. They all seem to like the same 4 songs and they play them everywhere and on their phones everytime I call its the same whiny song. Did you know that cell phone in korean is "hand phone"--but koreanized pronounciation.

This transfer is going to be 2 weeks shorter so that the returning missionaries can go to school. We have implemented a "hardcore training" program in our companionship. Which mean 1000x more stress for me. But I know I am learning a ton more korean and handling the stress. Last night we were eating with this member and somehow I understood what she was saying, and trust me the content of the conversation was not easy vocab. I know Heavenly Father is helping me every day. Like D&C 1:23 says I am weak and simple but I have been called by a prophet to preach the gospel here. read Silvia Allred's talk.

We have this investigator 김 나 영 (Kim, na-yeong) She's great. When we first started meeting her I thought for sure she didn't have any interest but that was 2 months ago. We taught her the 3rd lesson and the spirit was so so so strong. It was such a wonderful experience. She told us something along the lines of "I hear your words but its my heart that is feeling" it was amazing. She felt the Spirit, thats exactly how we learn its by the spirit. There isn't enough time ever to say what really happens or express in an email. Maybe next Christmas huh? Just know now that my testimony of our Savior is strong and I am so glad I am doing what I am doing know, I know it is all true.
The phone call. I don't really know details now but I will probably call you guys Christmas morning that means Christmas Eve in Montana. So maybe let me know when you are going to be home on Christmas Eve okay?
Jill good luck on finals. Are you going home for Christmas? Briggsy boy swim fast, do you BYU application faster. Trade. me send you hot korean 라 면 you send me mail okay? Mom and Dad I love you so much keep being good missionaries and thanks for putting up with my weirdness. Mac I dust miss you. Anybody else out there I love you, I'm happy ;) xoxox

알 스 베 리 자 매
Sister Alsbury

No comments: