I was so fortunate to serve with Sister Toronto again and Sister Choi together. We had a great time, and Incheon is doing so well now. Last night Sister Choi said she can't imagine doing missionary work without me. It really touched my heart. Her 2nd day as a missionary I took her to this subway platform to talk with people. It was so hard for her and she just cried then yesterday seeing her walk right up to people made me so proud she's just a good missionary. I'm so lucky to have served with her. She gave me this really fancy korean fan that she bought before her mission to give to the best missionary. I just feel really humbled and so grateful for all of these experiences, for training for gettting emergency transferred for the death winds of incheon, 답 동 만 수 부 평 Sister Newby, toronto, choi, 조 은 희 , 이 선 주, 조 은 주 , 맹 지 윤 , 안 슬 기, anyway I'm getting all sentimental. Sister Choi let me wax her eyebrows 2 nights ago. quite gratifying.
Yesterday Sister Toronto wore a athletic tape piece on her lip to our district meeting so that the elders wouldn't look at her cold sore, or because I dared her too. Also we carried with us about 15 waterballons in which we nailed the elders with.
The only good thing about transferring is that everyone wants to have a meal with you. I even at expensive chinese and at Outback, and a smoothie, and lots of korean ribs. No there are good things but I have yet to figure that out. 이 선 주 (seon ju) is probably my favorite korean ever. She's a miracle. she's only been a member for a month and a half but she's AMAZING! She did splits with me on sunday she's wonderful. She sent me a text message last night and said that I was her best friend. It broke my heart and made me cry. She really is a miracle and I know that the Lord prepared her for the Gospel.
The phonecall was amazing. I'm sorry I cried like a baby. I'm really okay. Missionary work is hard, but I just cried because I dust love you guys so much. I really can testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed my family. I wish I could have talked forever. Its was so natural like I had talked to you all the day before.
So the new area. My companion was the Sister who was in Incheon with Sister Newby before I came. She went to BYU-Hawaii is from Pusan. It will be good. I'm the only missionary in our mission that has had 3.5 (sister newby is half korean) korean companions. I know that am coming to love korea and koreans through my companions. The house makes Anyang and Incheon houses look amazing I can't put my finger on the smell but its very distinct. We actually live right by the stake center and Elder Jube from my MTC 동 기 just got transferred here too. We don't have many investigators and one of the first things Sister Jo said was "members here aren't interested in missionary work" oh boy that is going to change. There's a lot more people here that in incheon duh its Seoul but its a completely different feeling. Carrying your luggage up subway stairs is not the funnest thing.
I'll keep praying for all of you. Briggsy run fast please. Pray for me with this new experience. Its weird knowing all about members and an area and then knowing nothing--I will learn. When I read your emails about going to grandma's house with Gage's kids I was so happy. So many good memories. Maybe Fort Benton will need an old maid Attorney like me someday I can just live there. xoxox
알 스 베 리 자 매 선 교 사
Oh Briggsy happy happy birthday briggsy dear, Super sweet 18--I remember when you were born mom told Jill before she told me. Maybe that is why you could say Jill before you could say Paige
No comments:
Post a Comment