Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June 4, 2009

Ummmm...I can't believe that Mac has read the Portuguese Book of Mormon 4 times. I'm in Alma 53 in the Korean Book of Mormon and I've never had so much an inclination to scratch my eyes out more. Ehh the korean headache.

so in general considering everything I'm okay. I've learned a lot the past 3 weeks, about trials, exercising faith, the priesthood, stress, service, overcoming, and korean words I never probably would have learned before. Today I read Alma 58:10 it says something like "we did pour out our souls unto God that he would strengthen us" and the next verse says how he strengthens us by speaking peace to our souls. I know that is true.
fast update things:
Sunday we met Brian 브 라 이 언 from the KPop group Fly to the Sky--my companion went insane, I think he's a korean american, apparently a big deal or so. I had him sign her missionary planner and took a picture on our phone.
Have you heard about the former President of Korea committing suicide? I was really big news here. People really liked him. I only things about North Korea that I hear from you all.

Yesterday I talked to this Jehovah's Witness lady for about an hour. She had met with elders 20 years ago. She said that she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet but that her church suits her 마 족--like self contentment. It was crazy because she know Doctrine and covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Hill cumorah, James 1:5 celestial kingdom, 1 Cor. 15:40. She doesn't believe in the Spirit World I think that is really sad.

We are teaching a 8 year old girl 지 현 she came to church and her dad and mom kind of have some interest in the church. I've only taught a family one other time so we are excited about them. Briggs congrats on graduating now you can devote your time to writing me! jk--but not really Well I love you all forever,

Sister Paige McDede Alsbury

No comments: