I don't know if you remembered this but on June 18, 2008 I went to the MTC. I've been a missionary for 1 year. Weird. My world has completely changed in that year, I've changed and learned a lot. My conviction and testimony has deepened, as has my understanding of the Atonement, my ability to endure trials and rejection--still is a work in progress but I'm learning. Life experience is better than sitting at the BYU library reading a book. Even though I love that place.
Random thoughts.
Last night I become a oriental medicine doctor. Oh yes you know anything that is "Traditional Korean ____" has to be great. My companion wasn't feeling so good so she asked me to treat her. So my trainer did this to an investigator one time and it freaked me out. So you punch the "patient" in the arm a bunch and then rub their arms so that the "bad blood" goes down to their finger and on their thumb you twist string around it like 15 times so the thumb turns purple (ya I know what you are thinking) then you take a needle and you poke them below the cuticle. The blood that comes out is black (yes because it is deoxygenated--but that is my opinion) so I jammed my companion with a needle she whined and it bled a bunch but she said she was healed. Western Medicine.
Today we went to the Mission Home for a sister luncheon. All my companiosn were there. Sisters: Toronto, 방, Newby, 최, 조 were all there so grateful to be their friends and to have worked with them. Its kinda weird to be with the same person all of the time but you become so close. They had the sisters who are going home soon give their last testimony to all of the sisters and since sister Bang doesn't speak english very well they asked me to translate for her--even though Sisters 조 & 최 are pretty much fluent in english. Ahhh translating is kinda freaky. Actually the whole time she did it I remember the first time I met her was it that same room. Its a miracle from Heavenly Father that 9months later I would be translating for her in a meeting. Its called Heavenly Father hears and answers all of our prayers--I know that to be trued.
We went to the Temple today too. always the highlight of my transfer. I received an answer to a question I had and so grateful the chance to go to that sacred place. I can't wait to go with my family. I'll say a prayer for the Helena temple--someday.
Wowzers Briggs Prom King Pictures. If the college thing doesn't work out just move to Korea and become a pop star--you look so grown up. Mac will be surprised. I'm disallusioned with the boys that judged the friend you brought to church. Of course don't listen. Keep doing it. President Monson talked about member prostelyting programs working everywhere they try it. its true. Good boy. How do you feel about BYU? Don't take 8 am classes your freshman year--trust me. Mac & Jill will help you with everything. I'm jealous you are going to have such an amazing time it will help prepare you for your mission.
There's a 60% chance 김 지 현 will get baptized on sunday but its not set. Its a huge miracle unfolding. OH Mac is coming home in 2 weeks. I want to see pictures. Wish I could just come home for like 2 hours to be there. I love you all--The Plan of Salvation is real. xoxoxo kiss nose hug
Sister Paige McDede Alsbury
No comments:
Post a Comment