Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The biggest spider I have ever seen--but it was in my yo! Sick!

Yes my companion killed the world's largest non pet store spider today. I'm really greatful to her. I'm scared now to go to sleep but really grateful for a companion who saved my life from the evil spider.

So yeah as missionaries in Korea teach 30 minutes english and 30 minutes of the Gospel in Korean. It is the best finding tool here. But Sister Newby and I have now had a ingenious idea. We call it "the 30/30 Briggs program" We show the korean 학 생s the high school students pictures of Briggs, talk about his obsession with Korean ramen, he prefers jammers to briefs, maybe tell them that he will come and visit Korea someday yada yada. Then teach them about the Restoration of the Gospel. Sweet deal huh? I'm feeling pretty good about it. But I need more pictures of Briggs in order to do this please send some--paper copies also send some delicious treats.

Also on tuesday I ate death chicken for the first time. What's death chicken? Its chicken on a street in spicy sauce. I think you guys would like. The tears were flowing from my eyes amongst the death winds of Incheon. I did it. Afterwards I got an ice cream cone and stuck it on my lips. I'm in such a weird mood sorry this is a strange email.

So yeah last week I was super stressed about getting the standards of excellence. Very stressed but as lameo as it sounds I thurst in my sickle more than I ever had before. We accomplished every single standard that has been set for our mission. We blew them away. It was the most prideful I have felt as a missionary. We were able to find 4 new investigators. We talked to 145 people on the street about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and invited them to learn more. We taught 6 lessons with members---I can't believe Mac does that in one day. Korea = not Brazil. Anyway I haven't seen Mac in 19 months weird but I dust still love him a lot. I have a testimony that this isn't our work but its the Lord's work. I love Incheon and I love my companion. We have seen so many miracles lately we really are blessed when we work hard and are obedient. This sunday 조 은 희 Jo eun hee will receive baptism, she had here interview and its kind of complicated but I know it will work out and she will receive a remission of her sins and when she receives the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Well I'm fine this is a bad email I got mail today I haven't opened Mom's package yet but I am excited to open it. I love you all. 사 랑 해 요 I'm happy. Thanks for giving me red hair so that Koreans can pet it. Its really hard for us to recognize the strengths in ourselves but I know that the Lord has given me some and I have also been given some from my super sweet parents and siblings. Lets all try and be better all the time
xoxoxo

알 스 베 리 자 매
Sister Paige McDede Alsbury

No comments: