My life is now complete. I have seem probably the largest stamp collection ever in probably the smallest house ever. There's a member in 부 평 Bupyeong ward that we ate lunch with and the husband shows us his famous stamp collection. She had probably 50 Hitler stamps also saw a couple Marx and Stalin ones too.
I don't know how much time we are going to have today so this is going to be scrambled. Today we went to the temple. It was as always a special treat. I really do feel recharged after we go. Also some elders had a Costco card so we went to Costco for lunch. I've only been one other time. I had a salad it was amazing. I miss salad. It felt like America which is always happy.
We went and visited this inactive recent convert the other day and it took 2 hours to get there and we didn't even leave Incheon. I even saw a golf course. Yes Koreans love golf but there is no room. Too many peeps. I think its insanely expensive. That day we rode on this new subway right by the airport. It felt like we were going a rocket or something. Its sad that I get excited about how fancy the subway was but it was awesome.
I know I am a child of God in Korean sign language 수 화.
This past week we have dropped some investigators but I know that if we keep working we will be blessed to find prepared people. Sometimes I feel like I am on my own team. My companion hates talking with people and this creates stress. I am so so stressed right now. Stress from our leaders, standards of excellence, and stressed about our investigators. We don't have easy investigators they all have big concerns and its just very 복 잡 complicated. Can you get ulcers from stress? You know there are a lot of things that I wish I had google or wikipedia. Today I was talking to these girls and they were asking me if I knew all these famous korean singers and they were like "look it up on Naver" The Korean google equivelant.
Weird Korean I have discovered recently. So because they are obsessed with having students learn english they will do pretty much anything. So for $ 100 USD a month you can talk in english to someone in the Philippines for 5, 10 or 20 minutes. Wait the Philippines?? Yes. I thought they spoke Cebuano or Taglog--yes they do but apparently all of these Philipinos are making a killing asking Korean 학 생s about their favorite food. So they are all going to sound like Philipinos if they speak english. Weird. Anyway its really foggy here. I love you all so very much. I pray for you all everyday. I will pray harder for Missionaries in Brazil and for Briggsy to swim like a fish. 상 랑 해 요!!
알 스 베 리 자 매
Sister Paige McDede Alsbury
1 comment:
Well, some days I can't even sign in, much less actually successfully leave a comment. Are you getting them?
I've been discouraged too when people don't seem to care about the gospel, but I try to remember that it isn't about me - it's their right to exercise agency. It's only my duty to open my mouth and share my testimony.
You sure look beautiful in your picture. Hope all is well with you. Love, Sister J, your Helena Visiting Teacher
Post a Comment