Yesterday I was thrilled to receive a letter from Mac yeah muchas gracias Mac I really needed that. Also I got 2 packages from home, hands down the best thing was the card. I opened it on the bus and just sobbed it was so good to hear your voices. I've probably opened the card like 30 times or so. "She's some kind of wonderful" Do you really think so? Thanks! Yeah Briggs is going to BYU.
Hold on a second. There is a woman using this exercise machine next to us she just stands on it and its like this vibrating thing. Her entire body is shaking no one to relish in the hilarity of this moment. hahaaaa...wait you will see it.
Today Incheon smells like Chile. Well if I ever thought school was hard I obviously had never trained a new missionary. Its so stressful way to stressful but I can't like Sister Choi see the stress. I've never worked so hard before. I am giving my heart and my gallbladder, probably my liver kidneys. Okay that wasn't literal you know what I mean.
My companion is pretty homesick but we are working super hard, I think I'm wearing her out. We run from between appointments and if there's no body on the street to talk with I run. We are probably completely different people on a ways. She sleeps not on a yo but on the floor because it is hot 33 degrees. Thats like 90F. In the morning if I don't put on my flip flops my feet burn. If anyone ever thought I was shy they have not met Korean women. My companion is extremely shy, so a lot of aspects of missionary work are really hard. But those are the things we are working on hard. I talk with everyone and in one week she has improved so much. She's an angel really. When she was 14 she met the Sister Missionaries on the street and they gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon one of those sisters was from Incheon. She's 28 she is a high school english teacher, she received a one year leave from her job to come on a mission. She doesn't like american food, music has never heard of the office but our differences will make us stronger. I feel like a lot of mission experiences are preparing me for marriage.
Something that has hit me hard this week is Agency. People have their agency to choose to accept our message, members have agency to choose to help us. All that we have to do is do our best and maybe we even do more than our best because the Lord boosts us. We are seeing miracles as we work hard, slowly. Slow than I want but this isn't Paige Alsbury's timetable we are working on. 조 은 주 has a Baptismal date for 3/29 I've given her my heart and last night we had this very spiritual lesson the spirit was so strong I cried. I just pray for inspiration how to help those we teach and how to help my companion. I know that Jesus Christ is the only way to lasting happiness and that through a modern prophet the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored. Anyway must go. I got a postcard from Elizabeth Lewis--감 사 해 요. If you guys see anyone I know tell them hello from me. 사 랑 해 요!
xoxo
Sister Paige McDede Alsbury
1 comment:
I've been commenting on your blob for 2 months, but think this is the first time you've gotten it. I'm one of your new visiting teachers from Helena.
Your parents probably give you all the news, so let me know if there's anything else you'd like from the ward. We are so proud of your service to the Lord. My daughter, after her personal conversion, wants to live as Christ did as much as possible. That includes serving others and not making much money. She says that if it is our job to become as Christ was and is, then we have to start living like He did. Well, the not much money is taken care of. She wants to become an MD/PhD and do research into drug treatments for mental illness.
Sounds like your new companion is a treat and that you're doing a GREAT job training her. I love your blogs; they're so fun to read. Let me know if there's anything from home we can do. Love, Sister Johnson (your not so new Helena Visiting Teacher)
Post a Comment