Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The varieties of Kimchi are numberless

Hello again from 인 천 Incheon. I am sorry that it is freezing cold in MT, its sort of warming up here, a little bit. We still have the death winds from the ocean couples with the stuff coming out of the factories yeah....clean air I covet.

Wow Mac is training and opening an area. I feel your pain. Actually this morning I read President Eyring's October 08 Priesthood address "O ye that Embark" He spoke of muscle strength tearing muscles down and letting them repair themselves and increase in strength. ie down squat 2 days in a row. (Oh I miss the gym so bad) Anyway His point is that as we serve the Lord increases our spiritual strength, this is a gift from God which he gives to us as push our service to the limit. Through the atonement our natures can be changed and our ability to carry burdens increased. Yeah so I really needed it to. We are being polished even though some days its like an electric sander wearing us away.
3 months ago Sister Newby and I opened 3 wards to sister missionaries. We always got lost and it was freezing cold, among other things that were going on. Then when everything got comfortable things changed and 2 weeks ago I was asked to stop working in one ward and open 답 동 Dap Dong which is actually the area in which we live. Its so hard. New missionaries are so sweet but it really is like 98% on your shoulders. In a few months we'll be really grateful for these experiences. Actually the Lord has really blessed us as we've worked in DapDong. We have found people to teach and seen a lot of blessings from following counsel. Still really hard. There are 2 elders there that maybe just maybe are a little bit hard for me to love. On Sunday they said somethings to me and coupled with tons of stress and pure exhaustion I just went into the bathroom (with a heated toilet seat--haha) and sobbed. I feel like I am trying to please everyone and I just can't. I'm just me and I have so much responsibilty but I know that I am on the Lord's errand and I just have to do my best. My companion just thought I had eaten too much Kimchi. Which p.s. does cause extended bathroom trips tmi.

Nothing exciting really to say, just know that I'm fine I'm working as hard as I physically can. Yesterday I think was the most tired I have ever been--I know you all can relate. My companion was doing passoff with our District Leader and I don't even remember it--I was studying vocab and just passed out--sleep that is. 1st time I've ever done that. Its hard to always pretend to be strong, happy, prepared, know where to go or say, but I know that the guidance from Ether 12 is something that gives me strength.

Last week I remembered exactly what I was doing 2 years ago in Chile. I know Grandma McDede is watching over me, I think she really wants someone to send me cookies and chocolate because its hard to do so from the Spirit World.

So you know that in Korea with almost every investigator of the church they initially meet with the missionaries because the want to learn english. I HATE TEACHING ENGLISH! Anyway it is a tool to find people who are prepared for our message. So we teach them 30 min. english 30 min. Gospel. Last night I am not even exagerating for 30 minutes non stop I said the word "ZOO" probaly 5000 times trying to get our investigator to be able to say Z--it never happened. She just kept saying Joo--ahhhh. Before we emailed I translated for these Russian men who were lost. So english is a good thing to know. In Incheon there are a lot of foreigners but they are all Russian, Kazakstan, Uzbekistzan, Vietnamese and of Course tons of Chinese. They all work at the factories here.
Hey yah for Searle on the mission papers--let me know.
I'm not sure but I think that American tax day is soon approaching ahh love that Holiday. Don't forget to make all preparations for that day. :)
Okay I will end this now. xoxoxox, Love you all, be good, the church is true everywhere. Te amo, 사 랑 해 요

알 스 베 리 자 매
Your all-time favorite sister missionary

No comments: