Wednesday, March 18, 2009

황 사 Yellow dust from China!

Yes the yellow dust from China is here the other night I couldn't see the subway from 100M away. Weird. CHINA..so close can't see it but I hear chinese everyday. Happy I do not speak it. My companion bought a mask yesterday---oh so badly want to laugh but internally laughed. I just can't imagine talking to someone about the Restoration while wearing a mask. Among all the things in Korea that are bad for my health I think yellow dust is the least of my worries.

Before I say anything more I have a favor to ask all of you. If missionaries ever ask you to help them teach, just say yes.

Last week we found 안 슬 기 (an sur gi) and 송 보 라 (Song bo ra) they are 14 and they are just the sweetest people ever. Of course they think Briggs is cute but they are just amazing. I just love meeting them. In korea most students go to 학원 these academy things where they learn math, english and other things. english most important. These girls don't go--I'm a hater of 학 원 they are amazing. Last night one of them prayed that she would be able to find truth the same way that Joseph Smith did. I have such a good feeling about them. 조 은 주 (Jo eun ju) is still set for the 29th Baptism but right now she is just stressing me out. She's going to Japan this weekend for no reason So I really hope that is a good experience for her. The members have been so helpful in fellowshipping...Wait is that true? Koreans don't get sarcasm but I do. Someday I will express my frustrations.

Monday our mission did sister exchanges. So Sister Marsden came with me and Sister Choi went to 강 서 It was fun we worked hard first time our mission has done it. President told sister Marsden she had a lot to learn from me--I don't think I taught her anything but it was fun. Its pretty cool to have spiritual experiences and see miracles even when all of your plans for the day fall through.

So last Saturday was the Relief Society birthday party thing. The doctrine of the church is true everywhere but there is that culture aspect. I'm sad nobody else was able to see it. It was just very Korean. I died laughing internally. I forgot my camera which is too bad. 7 wards preparing daily for months (much too busy to help the missionaries :) ) for their plays for this program. Not enough time but just picture this as I type some adjectives: 계 산 Relief Society, pom poms, choreography, K-Pop, chearleaders, dallas cowboys to be exact, sequins. Anyway I love Korea and Koreans and Kimchi, and missionary work. Its hard. Mac knows this too. Its fun but not always but always worth it. It makes you a better person. I realized that my mission is half over. I have way too much to do, I need to improve. There was an article in the Liahona this month about perfection and running the race of life. Just keep going you will make it. me too. Briggsy next week will you email moi? Jilly? 부 담 스 럽 지 않 지 만 하 십 시오!
LOVE YOU all forever,

알 스 베 리 자 매
Paige McDede Alsbury

No comments: