Wednesday, April 22, 2009

asianized

This email will be brief because I have had to mess with the email thing trying to send pictures--working on developing patience. I miss gmail. Briggsy thanks for the note I want to know how track is going and hear you sing. You are living in Stover 2100 I think that was my old ward. Weird Briggs at BYU I dust can't believe that. Also Mac going home also can't believe that. Oh did you like the pictures I think I sent one from 이 선 주's baptism, one from 자 유 공 원--freedom park last week with all those boy students. I think I sent one I took today--yes I do look a little different now. I don't know how you say it Asianized?

This past week has been good, still hard of course but really fun. We started teaching a lady who works in a 시 장 a market like 1 minute away from our house. Its not as big as the big fish market we went to a couple weeks ago but I really wish you all could experience the smells of korean markets--no words exist. Oh seafood, oh gross remember when I used to like it that was the days before squid, octupus, urchin, and whole cooked fish, but its good.
Its getting warmer here not hot though. People have been telling me scary stories of Korean summers of death. Hey mom if you want you could send me some gel ice packs or something that I can sleep with at night.
조 은 주 told me that she will get baptized before I leave Incheon so she is going to get baptized on the 3rd of May. much stress about that but its okay. My companions are lucky they have no stress they just follow me and I'm trying to run in front of them carrying 5 gallon buckets of water, but its good. I need stress to keep me going, no effort goes unnoticed. I'm really grateful for this opportunity for growth, helping others receive salvation is incredibly rewarding even though its difficult it will make me a better person and bless future family.
We have zone conference tomorrow so I will get mail tomorrow. We are going to Anyang yay! its like my korean hometown. Hey if its 8 am in korea is it 5 pm or 4pm in MT? whats the time difference now? calling in a couple weeks 거 든 요.
사 랑 해 요
Alsbury 자 매

No comments: