Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 13, 2009

Today we went and met my favorite Korean---well one of them. 이순주 (Seon Ju) From 답동 I gave her a CTR ring that mom got—(thanks mom) She brought a friend and we went to this food court and ate 빙수 and a sundae, bingsu is Korean shaved ice flakes stuff with icecream on top fruit, etc, usually with 팥 pronounced pot sweet red beans. Anyway she is doing really really really good. Goes to seminary, went to young men's camp, found out that this member from another ward goes to her school and now they are good friends, they both want to go to BYU. The ward loves her she really is the light of DapDong ward. Sister Bergeson bought an electronic dictionary today and seon ju helped here. Speaking of recent converts, 조은희 from Kajung that sister Newby and I taught is pregnant which is really crazy and cool, she too is doing good too. Sister Newby is an RM now.
So Monday was deathly hot, good thing a member bought me a sun umbrella I still got burnt with it and sunscreen just because I sweat all day long. Icky. Then the next day it rained. All day long and halfway through the next. I guess there was a Typhoon somewhere—that's what someone said. Sister Burton said that this was the biggest rainy season in 60 years. Rain is hard but nothing like the heat. We had an appointment at the church and I went in the bathroom and literally wrung out my skirt.

Time is going too fast, I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time. A little jealous of the elders having 2 years, but I do miss mi familia. Briggs is an Elder and he's going to be in the same freshman ward that I was in. Where is Mac living? Where is Mac's email?

Today is 말복 (Mal bok) I don't know how to explain in English but the dictionary says it is the "last of the dog days of summer" so Koreans on 초 중 and 말 eat a whole boiled chicken stuffed with rice and ginseng. To give them strength. Also a big dog meat day, still haven't gotten to eat it. Well Being.

Sorry this email isn't really spiritual but everyday we experience miracles small and big, sometimes really small but I see the hand of the Lord all of the time. Last night we were tired and it was 8:55 I and said lets talk to one more person, we saw this lady right by our house, she lives by our church we explained all the church meetings and taught the restoration to her, she had always wondered about our church but never knew. We have an investigator whose sister is a member she listened to the missionaries when her sister was taught too, I have seen so many miracles with former investigators and member referrals the missionaries who initially taught them will never know the end of the story. I'll never know the end of the story with so many people I meet and they rip my heart out by exercising their agency otherwise. I love missionary work. Do more of it, it will make you happier I promise. PMG "no effort is wasted."

No comments: