Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kimchi diet

So our fan in our house died but the weather has been a litter cooler. Rain, so much rain in Korea. If there was open land it would be really green. I have one profound thought in my head. "CanMore Makes you Beautiful" is the slogan of the cheesiest 빙수 like ice flakes/ice cream place, the chairs are swings that hang from the ceiling with floral upulstery(can't spell that word anymore) Really tacky one of my favorite places. CanMore makes you beautiful and Sharing the Gospel makes you happy. I know it to be true. Its a foolproof method. I'm really happy to have a sweet family, that emailed from the HBLL. The Gospel makes me happy, sharing it is the greatest responsibilty, and its good. that was a tangent, sorry.

Last friday from our lovely Mokdong ward sisters we received 8.6kg=19lbs of 김치 Kimchi. Its a lot of kimchi. We have resolved to eat kimchi at every meal. Who knows what it will do to my digestive system but its delicious. I think we can devour it.
Last week thurs. after emailing we were on the bus going to a member's house I didn't remember to tell sister bergeson to get off at our stop and I get off and she her and the bus driving away. oh nooo! A million thoughts ran through my mind. So I sprinted to the next bus stop and didn't see her but then way way off in the distance I saw her coming the other way. Ahhh. such a relief. I was so happy to see her. Surprisingly thats the first time that has happened. its weird not being with a companion.

I finished reading 몰몬경 The Book of Mormon in Korean this week. Don't worry I already patted myself on the back. It was hard. It made my head hurt, but its still true in korean too, I know it is.

성 영숙 (Sung Young Sook) and her husband 김태순 (Kim Tae Soon) are really progressing we've set a baptismal date for Sept. 13, It is a goal, they are wonderful. her sister is a member who joined the church in high school, the members love her sister--she's in Detroit now with her husband.. Family baptism would be a huge miracle.

Another huge miracle is our new investigator Krystle. An American! I had a hard time teaching in english. She went to the Tri-Cities Washington temple open house a few years back, she's here teaching english really cool. She asked the Knudsens for the Book of Mormon. She said, "I'm thirstying for truth" She also said that her goal is to read all of the Bible and the Book of Mormon before she goes back to USA in December. Its amazing to see something how is seeking for truth so much, we can't persuade her to believe but we invite her to find out for herself and make changes in her life to come unto Christ.
Today I'm working on law school stuff, kinda stressed out. But it will be okay. I love you all, thanks for all of your prayers, funny emails, letters, and love. xoxo

Sister Paige Alsbury

No comments: