Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MokDong

So this past week has been crazy. Thursday President said that Sister Jo and I would be staying one more transfer together after we move to MokDong and then saturday we get a transfer call. Sister Jo got transfered to BoonDang, which is way far away. My new companion is Sister Bergeson from Utah. Our mission is closing our house so we had to throw away all of the junk that missionaries have left over the years. I hate junk. But we cleaned it all and got everything out of it. There was all this american taco sauce packets that were half used that were 3-4 years old pretty gross. Someday I will give a discourse on garbage practices and procedures of Korea. Food garbage, recycling, etc. So in Helena are they cutting down the number of missionaries too? There are no elders in MokDong just us. Ewww responsibility. I've actually never had men investigators we are meeting a guy tonight. 20 missionaries are returning from our mission. Including Sister Newby and Bang, sad, weird. Sister Newby's parents are here and she is with them now. thats a weird thing. I'll miss them. She knows all about you all, she knows how handsome Briggs is and how much Koreans go crazy over him.
We are at the Knudsens, yay! I'm going to work on my law school essay today, hopefully get off some kind of draft and maybe have Dad edit it? I can ask the Knudsens too. I really think President is inspired about transfers, Sister Bergeson will be great. She's been in Korea about 4 months, its her 2nd area. She majored in acting and art. Two companions that are artists, its proof that the Lord helps us in our weakness, making up for where we lack.

Did I mention is really hot and humid? I sit and study and my forehead is all beaded up with sweat. icky. It doesn't feel as hot as it was last year with I came. Where is Mac living in Provo? When does school start? I'm jealous of the clean air of Montana. If its a smoggy day at least the sun isn't out and beating down, its a trade off, I think I like the greenhouse over the blistering sun. No I think I just like cooler weather.
I all of the sudden feel more responsibility being in MokDong, relying on the Lord to help my confidence. I thought the other day, "but I don't even have the priesthood" but then I thought about the power and authority of my calling, and my patriarchal blessing. I'll be able to accomplish all that the Lord requires of me. I'm really tired today, my feet hurt but its okay. Tonight will be the first night in a year that I will sleep in a bed. love you all forever.

Sister Paige Alsbury

No comments: