Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24, 2009

Family,
This email is going to be short. Lo siento. I'm kind of in a weird mood. Today we went to the the temple. I really love the temple here so happy we get to go. I'm sad about Landon and that just sad things happen to people, but I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. BYU football is sad news too.

Good news our family-I don't have a korean keyboard but Sung YoungSook, and Kim TaeSoon have baptismal dates for Oct. 24, If you want to include them in your prayers that would be really helpful. The first week in Oct. is ChuSeok one of the 2 big holidays in korea. Basically everyone goes from Seoul to the countryside and eat for 3 days at their grandparents house. Then the next weekend is general conference. I'm so excited for it.

-When I get home remind me to tell you about the day in Relief Society with Pak MungJa :)
-Also remind me to tell you what I get told everyday is the reason for my acne and what my response is.
-We met a man last week who went to Tulane lawschool, has read the bible over 100x and doesn't go to a church because he doesn't believe they are true. He asked about the 3rd heaven--crazy things, we have just what he needs if he'll just give us a chance to talk.
-This man told me this week that he couldn't accept our message because the Catholics in korea pronounce the word "god" like .5 a vowel different from all the other churchs. like a "ahh" versus an "euh" anyway. I'm slightly stressed with everything I have and want to do here. I love you all. Be good. The church is true.
Sister Paige McDede Alsbury

2 comments:

Helena Visiting Teacher said...

Hi Sister Alsbury, It's Sister Johnson, your visiting teacher. Sounds like you're working so hard in the service of the Lord.
I'm visiting Lindsay right now in Cambridge. She studies endlessly. Next wants to go to an MD/PhD program. Says she never wants to have a lot of material things, will give extra away. She says that if the idea is to become perfect like Christ to return to live with him some day, then you need to start living the way He did. He never had much materially, gave away much of what he did have, and lived in the service of His fellow beings. Sounds like a wonderful young woman missionary I know named Paige. We're so proud of you and all you do in your service.

When things get tough, remember Moses 1:38 and in the New Testament when Jesus told his disciples that he would never leave them alone; that He would send the Holy Spirit to comfort them. I know that's blessed my life so much when the going gets rough. Love you, hope all is well, Sister Johnson

Helena Visiting Teacher said...

I've forgotten how to post the whole thing!