Wednesday, September 30, 2009

my first asian haircut....is coming

We are emailing today but saturday is P-Day because of 추석 Chu seok--the big holiday, we were have a sports day on saturday. Also I have potentially scary news. I am giving into the Gods of Asian hair. Yes I am getting my hair cut at a Korean hair salon. AHHHHH!!! I never thought I would but its bad. I've only had it cut once by Sister Knudsen who cut all the layers off. It is so boxy square, just a mess. The best thing is that the name of the place is오랜지 헤 어 Orange Hair. You better believe I'm asking for a discount since I'll probably the only person that has orange hair that they will ever cut in their careers at Orangie hair. Asianization. Potential nightmare but I'll survive. Its super cheap here too.
This past week we have been blessed with some amazing miracles. 김태순 and 성영숙 (Kim Tae Soon & Sung young sook) are still progressing for baptism on the 24th. Last week at church the brother had just changed. In Gospel principles he participated and then we met him later that day he was telling us about family prayer and just way more friendly. He did go off on me about Green Tea--how in China people drink it more than water and they are all thin and healthy, but he said he will try. Alcohol will be a challenge to. But they are still good. The holiday makes it impossible to meet people for about a week so we are texting them a lot. His wife 성영숙 is amazing. She's super stalwart, her sister is a member and a return missionary. Their daughter is 19months and is so cute. Korean kids are the cutest ever.

Then, we went to the this fancy dinner at 최명숙 (Sister Choi)'s house she's a travel agent, traveled the world really eccelectice she made us a fancy dinner--even had banana splits for dessert. Her husband--the got married a few years ago, 50s ish. Isn't a member. He's apparently some famous engineer, worked under Leby in New York. But he comes to church every week for a really long time. 3 weeks ago we changed Gospel prinicples at the last moment from the Second Coming to Baptism, it was good and since then he's been thinking more and more about baptism. MIRACLE. He asks me what he has to do to get baptized. He already knows all about the church, keeps the commandments, He said November would be nice. It is such a sudden and amazing change of countenance. His name is 유수엽 (Yoo soo yup) If you want to pray for him.

We also have a Philippino investigator name Roselle. Her husband is Korean, she's been her for 3 years. Sister Toronto met her on the subway and referred her. She went to the english ward with the Knudsens and met other Philippinos there and loved it. We met her and she just ate up everything. She rides the subway 2 hours a day and said she'd read it everyday. Everything made sense to her and she said she felt what we said was true.

our lovely 목동 ward is having some intra-ward drama and kinda weird things have been happening that makes me worry for our investigators. Sacrament meeting was especially ridiculous this past week. Our poor bishop. I won't say details. Our Relief Society President is in the middle of it, we visited her on mon and felt prompted to share Mosiah 7:33, it was just what she needed. You should read it too.

So things are good. my body is tired, its actually falling apart, its still hard getting rejected everyday but I feel my Savior's love daily and know that the Atonement is real. I try my best everyday, I still lack severely but the Lord makes up the rest. Love you all,

알수베리 자매선교사

P.S. I watch conference the week after you do but I'm so excited for it. Take good notes

P.S.x2 Drive safely and Jill run fast you can do it!
x3 You will be blessed for sending mail.

No comments: