Thursday, October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

I kept praying for Jill and her marathon and figured since President didn't call she must have finished it. 화이팅!
good news. I bought 한복 hanbok but I bought it in a size one. My daughter will wear it someday. Before then I want to put it in a shadow box--art I think I want an asianized theme house. More than any souvenirs I would love it for you and dad to come back with me to korea to see what its like and to meet the people here. I got my hair cut and I forgot how much I love to have it done. Asian bangs look good I guess. It was only $20 which is expensive here.
We played soccer with our zone on saturday for 추석 It felt good to be competitive for once. I really like sports, I remembered that about me. But for the next 3 days I was so so so sore, my whole body ached and we only played for 2 hours. That night we went to 서초 for this traditional korean folk concert thing. Our whole mission came and so did the Seoul mission. I started crying during it because I just realized how much I love Korea so so so so so so infinitely much. I really don't want to leave this place but I want to see all of you so its weird.
So yesterday the Assistants call and ask me if I have any relatives in Utah named Reeder, "yeah sort of" Their investigator is the dad of the exchange student at the Reeder's house. CRAZY small world. He tried to explain it to the Assistants and they got confused. Something like daughter-usa missionary--mokdong. Small world huh. What is her name? Does she go to church?
I saw all of those pictures of Gold Creek and was blown away. I haven't really seen open space, and trees forests in so long. WOW we are really lucky to live there.
Today we had a sisters luncheon and I have to give a farewell testimony. 역시 I cried all the way through it. My mission really does mean the world to me its the best thing I've done in my life up to this point. Don't worry I'm actually very pro-marriage--something I want to do sooner or later. I have a testimony of the Savior, His Atonement, the Restoration, Its all true I know we have our specific trials for a reason. See Alma 38:5. I'm still so lacking but like President Utchdorf said, "Eternal life isn't a sprint, its an endurance race."
I just saw on lds.org CONCEPCION CHILE TEMPLE!!!!!!!! AHAHHHAHHH
So happy for them. I'm so excited for conference. Elder Choi the korean that spoke about rough kids becoming strong members--I know all of them. How amazing, this is the best. Love you all
사랑해
알스베리 자매

P.S. 소포 어디 있어?

No comments: