His best friend baptized them. This friend, Kim Sung Kyu was baptized maybe 10ish years ago. He got married in the temple and his wife was in the MTC with a sister missionary named Sung Hye Young (Sung youngsook's sister) They are good friends. So they introduced her friend's sister to his friend. amazing. We were so grateful that he was able to come and perform the service. It was sat. at 1 some members couldn't come but so many came, even this inactive that we have been working with. Their daughter Kim so ee saw us when she walked in and started clapping, cutest baby in the world I'm pretty much obsessed. Two sisters gave really great talks on the holy ghost and baptism, sister bergeson sang "I feel my Savior's love" I rambled off on something and our Bishop talked about going to the temple next year and priesthood blessings.
She is just a rock and amazing the the brother is progressing so well, he is turning out to be a huge miracle. There aren't many adult males in our ward, we are wondering if he could be put in the bishopric in a couple months. Last night they took us out to real nice bulgolgi restaurant. It was just so fun and relaxed and to play with them. We talked about the new member lessons--he has an interview for the priesthood on sunday, she has visiting teachers, we shared Moroni 6:3-5 with them last night they read out loud together verse 3 I read 4 and they read 5 together, priceless. I'm not sleeping well at night because I'm just so happy for them. Briggsy, a mission is really hard, you'll see it, its been hard for me but it is the BEST thing I have ever had a chance to do, I am so happy seeing others repent and come unto Christ.
Sunday night we met our Philippino investigator Roselle and set a baptismal date for Nov. 14, which we hadn't even thought about but it felt so right in the lesson. She reads the book of mormon everyday, and we still haven't gotteen the tagalog Book of Mormon so she is reading it in english. There are a bunch if phillipinos in the english branch.
Today we are going to the traditional folk village with Sister Toronto another one of her friends committed suicide, so heartbreaking. I ran a 7.2Km this morning. We have eaten so much food this week, Koreans are so generous with food, but sometimes it hurts. Jang Youngsook--our gospel principles teacher took us to VIPs the "american food" restaurant, I died it was heaven, pineapple, fajitas, guac, and ribs, I love her. Yesterday our russian member Natalia made us oatmeal with a hot dog on top of it. so cute. Love you all so much, pray for you always,
Sister Paige McDede Alsbury
No comments:
Post a Comment